Wednesday 29 January 2020

Stunners' Opera




Briefly, about THE STUNNERS’ OPERA being written by composer Howard Goodall and librettist Joanne Harris:

This brings the  Pre-Raphaelite Sisters out of their frames and on to the musical stage.  Howard and singer Josie Richardson gave a glimpse [what’s the aural equivalent?] of the songs for Elizabeth Siddal at the National Portrait Gallery last week.

Very exciting afterlife to come…  hopefully before the end of 2020

photo: Katherine Leedale



2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Marsh, I am writing to you regarding a post you did on Edmonia Lewis on Sunday 1st of December 2013. I have been researching on and off for the last couple of years for my Master's project and found it on one of my google searches. I am very intrigued about her life here in London. Have you managed to ever find out more? I am a photographic artist as well as a freelance tutor at The National Portrait Gallery. My email details are photography@giselatorres.co.uk
    I very much look forward to hearing back from you.
    with kind regards,
    Gisela Torres

    ReplyDelete